Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Little Hideaway

 

Have you ever got that special feeling when you were a kid, that whenever you are in a place, say a toy shop or a candy store, your eyes lit up...you feel like you're in wonderland, never wanting to leave...and that nothing else in the world matters? Well, for me, I have one such particular hideaway that has always been dear to me. It's not a toy shop nor is it a candy store...my hideaway  has always been this particular record shop in Subang Parade. Yup, it always brings back so many memories, simply because I spent hours there after classes during my college days just listening to stacks and stacks of CDs without actually having to purchase any! Each time I'm there makes me feel like a kid in a toy store...never wanting to leave and I'll be so happy!

 

You see, this particular record shop used to be known as Pennylane. Back then, it was the only record shop I know that would actually allow you to listen to CDs without you purchasing it. Pennylane is small, simple and provides a very cozy environment for listening. Think of it like your local neighborhood pub. Not too commercialized, yet it draws back the loyal customers because of its simplicity and friendly customer service. Come to think of it, I used to frequent there so often that the owners always ask me how I am whenever I came by for a visit. Can you also imagine, how much I have spent purchasing CDs from there over the years? (yes I buy a lot...and I mean A LOT of original CDs....you won't even imagine!)

 

Fast forward 7 years later, Pennylane is no longer there, but it has been bought over by Rock Corner, a music store chain owned by Eastern Records. But even when Rock Corner took over the outlet in Subang Parade, they never expanded the size of the store, which kept the small cozy feeling I still like, unlike other Rock Corner outlets. Yes, even though it's now a place of a different name and interior, the feeling is very much the same each time I go there. It's funny because I don't get the same feeling for any other Rock Corner outlets I visit....maybe it's just nostalgic to me.

 

 

 

Rock Corner @ Subang Parade

my little hideaway..

 

So today, I was in Subang Parade to meet a friend up. I was early by an hour, so I went to my favorite hideaway....and guess what?...I end up purchasing 3 CDs! Sigh!...I can't help it! It's the one place in Malaysia that I can spend like the whole day there if time permits.

 

 

The 3 CDs I purchased..."An Evening of Jazz with Cat", "Eriko Ishihara" & "Julia Duncan"



Oh...there is also another place which has a similar effect on me each time I visit Singapore too. This place called That CD Shop situated at Pacific Plaza on Scotts Road...the added bonus of this outlet is maybe because the promoters are cute and hot! Hehe!


So now you know if I'm feeling a little under the weather...you know where to find me. ;)

No comments: