Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Chill Out "Jazzy" Week

 

Of late, I have been going bar hopping a lot. No, not because I'm happening, but because there are some really good Jazz acts that are really worth going to. On Wednesday, some colleagues and I decided to go to Sevenatenine for their Bar Night, which featured their international mixologist and also it's our excuse to finish up our bottle which was "parking" there since September. Also featured was a quartet group called G-String. Kinky as it might sound, they are actually quite good. Thanks Jolene for getting us a table right in front of the stage. We were later joined by my friend Michelle and Joshua to what was a nice night out.

 

 

Rabin & I

Rabin & I

 

 

Chui & Sonia

Chui & Sonia

 

 

Our bestest best friend, Mr. Johnny Walker

 

 

Rabin and his "Around the World" drink...he was gone after that

 

 

Michelle & I

Michelle & I



G-String

G-String!

 

 

On Friday night, I was at Alexis Ampang together with Elisa and her friends for Ida Mariana. This is my first time listening to her perform and I must say, she is really good. Sorry about the blur images below though. Didn't have my camera with me then, so have to resort to using my mobile's camera which is practically useless for night shots. Us sitting quite a distance away didn't help either.

 

 

Ida Mariana

 

Ida Mariana

Ida Mariana

 

Then last night, I was at No Black Tie for another performance. This time it was Albert Sirimal (guitar/vocals), Badar (percussions/vocals) and a special guest saxophonist. They don't have an official name for their band though but they were really really good. They did really good Bossanova renditions of Carol King's I Can't Hear You No More, Lionel Richie's Stuck On You and even Michael Jackson's Human Nature which I thought was absolutely brilliant!

 

 

The unnamed band...which was really good

 

 

So there, my quiet and chilled out week filled with Jazz. I'm starting to believe that I am getting a bit too old for clubbing nights already. Don't get me wrong, It's not that I don't enjoy clubbing, I still do...it's just that going for a Jazz night out is simply more fulfilling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's a sign, my dear mortal. u'r preferring the quieter things in life!!! (in short, getting old) LOLOLOLOL!!!! XD *runs way fast-fast*

Anonymous said...

GA...old edi..have to mellow down...sigh..