Sunday, October 19, 2008

Update: 19 October 2008

 

I'm going to try and not make this post too long and go into details but instead let the pictures do the talking.

 

Last Thursday night, I met up with Olivia and some of her friends at Poppy in KL for Josh Wink. Now, some people I know...don't even know who Josh Wink is...but after I asked them to Wikipedia / Google him or "Higher State Of Consciousness" then they go..."OHHH...SO THAT'S JOSH WINK!". It's sad that people only remember him for that, but he has a lot of other good mixes too which I think wasn't really promoted well. Special thanks to Jamie for putting me on the guest list, although my supposed group of "kampung" I promised her didn't show up that night...hehe

 

Josh Wink

Josh Wink in action @ Poppy

 

 

Olivia & I

 

On Saturday morning, I got up at 6AM because one of my good friend Adrian is getting married and we (the "heng tais") have to be at his place by 7AM to be "briefed" and ready to battle the "chi muis". Now it's an honor to be part of someone's entourage but it can also be "suffering" to some extend. It's a tradition that all of us "heng tais" have to endure several stupid tasks setup by the "chi muis" before the groom can get to his bride. We were very lucky that some of the task didn't involve eating anything.

 

Adrian's entourage

All the "Heng tais"...ready for battle!!!

 

 

The "Chi Muis"...so ganas...got cane sommore!! =(

 

 

TASK 1: Wear underwear that spells out "WE R HERE 4 STELLA!"

 

n662014066_1002379_1438

This one reminded me of detention class back in high school!

 

 

TASK 2: All "Heng Tais" have to wax part of their leg

 

 

and this is the result of that, this morning...

 

can you see a square smooth patch on my leg?? =(

 

 

TASK 3: Sing a song and include words like "Stella", "Siew Yok" and "Por-por"

 

"Only Stellaaaa...."

 

 

After all that...they still didn't want to let us in...and still demanded more money. But well, like I said...we got it easy...so the groom paid up an undisclosed amount after all of us negotiated. We later went to church for mass, and to get the blessing from the church. At this point...all the "heng tais" was supposed to provide transportation to all the "chi muis" to church and back.

 

Adrian & Stella

The bride and groom after church - CONGRATS ADRIAN & STELLA!

 

 

Church ended around noon and then there was lunch and also the tea ceremony. After that, everyone was tired and went back to rest for the dinner. I love wedding dinners. Not only you can get to eat good food, but it's also a good place to see the friends who have been missing in action for long periods. I got to catch up with my college buddies and also friends which I have not seen for such a long time.

 

 

The BFG Reunion with new members...

 

 

And of course how can a wedding dinner do without booze right? I for one was mixing red wine and whiskey all night. But well, there wasn't any major casualties but Kevin and Anthony (the best men) were definitely the "targets" of the night. Hehe..

 

NOTE: Some of the pics (without watermarks) are taken off Anthony's album on Facebook

No comments: